Thursday, August 6, 2009

See you at the Summit!

We moved into our booth (317) yesterday, and the whole town has this Happy Place vibe going, this is going to be great! Karen and I had dinner at the Burgerville ("where you go when you know!"), and saw lots of people wearing their Sock Summit badges. Sometimes you'd see somebody take their badge off, and then look around and see everybody else wearing it, and they'd put it back on. We all want to be part of the cool gang! Everybody is walking around with these goofy grins on their faces, everybody is an instant friend, admiring each other's knits. Disneyland for knitters.

I can't thank the organizers enough for all the incredible work they've put into this, everything is working well without a hitch from what I've seen.

This is going to be great!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I was up this morning for a class; didn't realize until last night when I checked that the marketplace didn't open today until 4:30. I had to pick up my sister from the airport and the rest of my family was waiting for us, so I will have to wait until Sunday morning to experience the marketplace before the Luminary Panel. Poor me! There will probably be nothing left!